Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tuesday...


Last day of scuba diving...we decided to take the cameras out again. The visibility was a little better today. Our first dive was at Jack McKenney's Canyons. Jack McKenney is/was an underwater photographer that loved to dive this site so they named it after him. Our second dive was to Fantasea Land...after yesterday's 'argument that wasn't' we decided to go guided. I tried and tried to make this last dive a good one...I was going to suck all my air and stay down until the very last second. Well, that WAS the plan...until I realized that I was at 6 feet. Darn it...guess I am done. But I did manage to find a HUGE lobster at the end of that dive. I saw this long thing...then another...then realize that they were the lobster's antenna! It was hiding under a rock but I manage to still see it!

Here are some exciting pictures from the day...
A butterfly fish and a crab--funny how the divemaster had no idea what I was doing when I was scratching my upper thigh :) Guess they don't know the Jamaican signals.


This is a cowfish...



Here is a cool angelfish and a school of fish...


This was a huge grouper...


Jason loves the trumpet fish and the puffer fish. The puffer fish will blow up as a defense mechanism. It is so cute to see this huge ball of a fish--imagine a volleyball with fins that aren't even an inch long. The fins are going a mile a minute but the puffer is barely moving.



This was another huge grouper that we saw...


Here is a pretty parrot fish--they have so much color under water! and a yellow fish...I don't know the type and right now, I am just too lazy to look it up! Sorry...


Now, you would think my husband would find a better shot...


Tuesday afternoon we didn't do a darn thing. We walked down the street to have lunch at Vivenne's Kitchen...you order lunch from a door that leads to her kitchen. It was quite a strange set-up but very good food. We opted for a to-go order and went back to the condo & ate on the beach. We grabbed our books and beer and headed for the lounge chairs. Jason put his in the shade and I could put mine right next to his and still be in the sun. He eventually went up to the room and sat on the balcony in the shade, I stayed on the beach and sunned myself for a few hours.

We couldn't decide where to go for dinner...we opted for the Lighthouse. It was suppose to be excellent food and service but expensive. It was expensive...the service was so-so and the meal was just okay. I preferred dinner at Over The Edge on Thursday--it was more authentic. Before we left for dinner, I grabbed the camera for one nice picture of us. The whole trip I would ask before I shut the condo door...do you have the key. Before I would shut the car door..do you have the car key. So that night...I was so worried about the camera that as we left I was shutting the door as Jason was saying WAIT, WAIT...I don't have a key. And the door was shut. So now we were locked out of our condo with no way of getting back in. So we proceeded to go down to the emergency box and call someone. We had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to come back and open the office to give us a new key. We were so thankful that she did that...but then we were late for dinner. It wasn't a big deal and we got to eat at a table that was over the ocean. They didn't need any music in the restaurant, the sound of the ocean was enough!

I will end with a NERD ALERT...

No comments:

Post a Comment